- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SGRP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SGRP has a quick ratio of 2.08, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SPAR GROUP INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPAR GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.15 versus $0.13 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.47 million or 50.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 938.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.04 million to -$0.37 million.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Services sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Laggards within the Services sector included General Employment ( JOB), down 5.5%, Birks Group ( BGI), down 2.6%, RLJ Entertainment ( RLJE), down 2.5%, China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), down 3.3% and Spar Group ( SGRP), down 6.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the sector lower today: Spar Group ( SGRP) is one of the companies that pushed the Services sector lower today. Spar Group was down $0.09 (6.0%) to $1.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,038 shares of Spar Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.39-$1.46 after having opened the day at $1.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.49. SPAR Group Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides merchandising and other marketing services worldwide. Spar Group has a market cap of $29.2 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are down 24.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Spar Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on SGRP go as follows: