- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.83 million to $0.48 million.
- 49.77% is the gross profit margin for MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.52% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 252.23% to $1.98 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.08%.
- MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE CO continued to lose money by earning -$0.14 versus -$0.27 in the prior year.
- MLP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 96.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Real Estate industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Laggards within the Real Estate industry included Stratus Properties ( STRS), down 1.6%, Amrep ( AXR), down 4.4%, China Housing & Land Development ( CHLN), down 6.5%, Maui Land & Pineapple ( MLP), down 2.7% and Income Opportunity Realty Investors ( IOT), down 1.8%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Maui Land & Pineapple ( MLP) is one of the companies that pushed the Real Estate industry lower today. Maui Land & Pineapple was down $0.19 (2.7%) to $6.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 21,525 shares of Maui Land & Pineapple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.71-$6.91 after having opened the day at $6.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.97. Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, sells, and manages residential, resort, commercial, and industrial real estate properties. The company operates through four segments: Real Estate, Leasing, Utilities, and Resort Amenities. Maui Land & Pineapple has a market cap of $130.1 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 14.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Maui Land & Pineapple as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on MLP go as follows: