- BPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.7 million.
- BPL has traded 181,087 shares today.
- BPL traded in a range 302.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.22.
- BPL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 33 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 33 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPL: Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates liquid petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Pipelines & Terminals, Global Marine Terminals, Merchant Services, and Development & Logistics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.6%. BPL has a PE ratio of 27.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Buckeye Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Buckeye Partners has been 370,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye has a market cap of $9.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 1.9% with 6.45 days to cover. Shares are up 11.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Buckeye Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BPL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 82.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 33.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $3.23 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.40 versus $3.23).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.17%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.27% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.