- MBT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.1 million.
- MBT has traded 444,809 shares today.
- MBT is trading at 2.88 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MBT is trading at a new high 4.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MBT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MBT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MBT: Mobile TeleSystems OJSC provides a range of mobile and fixed line voice and data telecommunications services in Russia and the CIS. It offers data transfer, broadband, pay-TV, and various value-added services, as well as sells equipment and accessories. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.1%. MBT has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Mobile Telesystems OJSC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mobile Telesystems OJSC has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mobile Telesystems OJSC has a market cap of $18.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mobile Telesystems OJSC as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 54.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($67.04 versus $2.34).
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.56, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.94 is weak.
- The gross profit margin for MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC is currently very high, coming in at 72.52%. Regardless of MBT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MBT's net profit margin of 20.94% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.