- HMSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.5 million.
- HMSY has traded 677,134 shares today.
- HMSY is trading at 22.13 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HMSY is trading at a new low 10.04% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMSY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.42, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 39.43% is the gross profit margin for HMS HOLDINGS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HMSY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.36% trails the industry average.
- The share price of HMS HOLDINGS CORP has not done very well: it is down 10.36% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Technology industry and the overall market, HMS HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full HMS Holdings Ratings Report.