- UNP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $267.3 million.
- UNP has traded 6,943 shares today.
- UNP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNP: Union Pacific Corporation, through its subsidiary, Union Pacific Railroad Company, provides rail transportation services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. UNP has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Union Pacific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Union Pacific has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Union Pacific has a market cap of $94.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.49 days to cover. Shares are up 25.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Union Pacific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UNP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 10.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 36.41% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UNP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- UNION PACIFIC CORP has improved earnings per share by 20.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNION PACIFIC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.72 versus $4.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.55 versus $4.72).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, UNION PACIFIC CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 44.32% is the gross profit margin for UNION PACIFIC CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.46% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.