- TRN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $126.3 million.
- TRN has traded 89,815 shares today.
- TRN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRN: Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Sweden. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. TRN has a PE ratio of 12.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Trinity Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Trinity Industries has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trinity has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 11.9% with 10.50 days to cover. Shares are up 77.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trinity Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 88.78% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 126.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TRN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TRINITY INDUSTRIES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRINITY INDUSTRIES increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $1.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.15 versus $2.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 95.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $84.20 million to $164.20 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, TRINITY INDUSTRIES's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.