- KNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- KNX has traded 1,590 shares today.
- KNX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KNX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KNX: Knight Transportation, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a short to medium-haul truckload carrier of general commodities primarily in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Asset-Based and Non-Asset-Based. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. KNX has a PE ratio of 25.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Knight Transportation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Knight Transportation has been 421,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Knight Transportation has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 12.1% with 12.48 days to cover. Shares are up 38.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Knight Transportation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC has improved earnings per share by 29.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.87 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus $0.87).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average. The net income increased by 36.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.94 million to $25.76 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- KNX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KNX has a quick ratio of 1.71, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $41.37 million or 29.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.09%.
- You can view the full Knight Transportation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.