- GBX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.8 million.
- GBX has traded 7,483 shares today.
- GBX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GBX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GBX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GBX: The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. GBX has a PE ratio of 25.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Greenbrier Companies a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Greenbrier Companies has been 637,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Greenbrier Companies has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.83 and a short float of 15.6% with 9.13 days to cover. Shares are up 117.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Greenbrier Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.98, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 159.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$56.03 million to $33.59 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 203.96% to $14.92 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.65%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 149.04% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 215.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Greenbrier Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.