- DISCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.4 million.
- DISCK has traded 5,412 shares today.
- DISCK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DISCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DISCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DISCK: Discovery Communications, Inc. operates as a media company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: U.S. Networks, International Networks, and Education. DISCK has a PE ratio of 13.2. Currently there are no analysts that rate Discovery Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Discovery Communications has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Discovery has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 2% with 4.13 days to cover. Shares are down 48.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Discovery Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC has improved earnings per share by 32.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.49 versus $1.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.30 versus $1.49).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Media industry average. The net income increased by 26.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $300.00 million to $379.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 90.06%. Regardless of DISCK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DISCK's net profit margin of 23.54% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.