- CP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $99.4 million.
- CP has traded 2,000 shares today.
- CP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CP: Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The company provides logistics and supply chain expertise services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. CP has a PE ratio of 36.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Canadian Pacific Railway a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Pacific Railway has been 753,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Pacific Railway has a market cap of $34.7 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 32.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Pacific Railway as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.66, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD has improved earnings per share by 47.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.98 versus $2.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.55 versus $4.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 47.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $252.00 million to $371.00 million.
- 43.07% is the gross profit margin for CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.07% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Canadian Pacific Railway Ratings Report.