- BITA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $251.3 million.
- BITA has a PE ratio of 165.7.
- BITA is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- BITA is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- BITA is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- BITA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- BITA has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 3%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BITA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BITA NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BITA: Bitauto Holdings Limited provides Internet content and marketing services for the automotive industry primarily in the People's Republic of China. BITA has a PE ratio of 165.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Bitauto Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Bitauto Holdings has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bitauto has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 178.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bitauto Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BITA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BITA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.85, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.95 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.68 versus $0.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 104.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.13 million to $18.69 million.
- You can view the full Bitauto Holdings Ratings Report.