- AMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $94.3 million.
- AMP has traded 9,774 shares today.
- AMP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMP: Ameriprise Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AMP has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ameriprise Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ameriprise Financial has been 779,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ameriprise Financial has a market cap of $23.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.49 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ameriprise Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 45.35% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC has improved earnings per share by 24.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.45 versus $4.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.42 versus $6.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 16.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $321.00 million to $374.00 million.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.