NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Lumber Liquidators Holdings (LL) are up 4.28% to $57.70 in pre-market trade after Wedbush upgraded the flooring retailer's stock to "outperform" from "neutral," and said that the worst of the company's supply chain and competitive issues are behind it.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC (LL) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- LL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.37 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- 40.38% is the gross profit margin for LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.31% trails the industry average.
- LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC's earnings per share declined by 17.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.77 versus $1.68 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2.3% in earnings ($2.71 versus $2.77).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LL Ratings Report