The firm cited its expectations on the company's loyalty program, the upgraded beauty offering, and its "ship from store" initiatives for the upgrade.
Also, Kohl's announced its partnership earlier this morning with AwesomenessTV on a new fashion line and YouTube series set to launch September 22.
Shares of Kohl's closed at $59.11 yesterday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates KOHL'S CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate KOHL'S CORP (KSS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 0.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $231.00 million to $232.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $551.00 million or 20.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.86%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.28 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KSS Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.