NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM) are higher by 0.72% to $59.67 in pre-market trading after the holding company was upgraded to "buy" from "neutral" at Nomura Holdings (NMR) this morning.
Analysts at the firm increased its price target to $69 from $64.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JPMORGAN CHASE & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, JPM has outperformed against the industry average of 15.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 89.61%. Regardless of JPM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JPM's net profit margin of 22.57% compares favorably to the industry average.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.51 versus $4.32).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JPM Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.