Shareholders of Inteliquent, Inc. (IQNT) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 4.9% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2015 covered call at the $15 strike and collect the premium based on the 60 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 8.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 13.8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $15 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but IQNT shares would have to advance 21.6% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 26.5% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Inteliquent, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for IQNT below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 4.9% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing IQNT's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $15 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the March 2015 covered call at the $15 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $15. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Inteliquent, Inc. (considering the last 251 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $12.33) to be 61%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the IQNT Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Tuesday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 561,647 contracts, with call volume at 1.09M, for a put:call ratio of 0.51 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents very high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are preferring calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
TheStreet’s Fundamentals of Investing Course will teach you the keys to making the right decisions in any market.
TheStreet’s Personal Finance Essentials Course will teach you money management basics and investing strategies to help you avoid major financial pitfalls.
TheStreet Courses offers dedicated classes designed to improve your investing skills, stock market knowledge and money management capabilities.
More from Stocks
Our Roku Pick Has Been a Star Performer in 2019: $100 Could Be Next
Sporting a nearly 200% year-to-date gain, is there any stock out there with better upward momentum?
Chip Maker Qorvo Has a Set of Bearish Charts - Stand Aside for Now
Let's see what the charts look like.
I Believe There May Be a Trading Opportunity in Weibo
Seller exhaustion is at hand and we're set up for a relief rally post earnings Thursday morning.
The Secret Is Out, L Brands Stock Looks Headed Even Lower
There's no bottom in sight for shares of Victoria Secret's parent company.