- MPEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $69.7 million.
- MPEL has traded 5.4 million shares today.
- MPEL traded in a range 228.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.40.
- MPEL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 370 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 370 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MPEL: Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, through its subsidiaries, develops, owns, and operates casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. MPEL has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Melco Crown Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Melco Crown Entertainment has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Melco Crown Entertainment has a market cap of $15.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 27.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Melco Crown Entertainment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.68, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, MPEL has a quick ratio of 2.42, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD's earnings per share declined by 21.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.15 versus $0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.45 versus $1.15).
- MPEL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Melco Crown Entertainment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.