- ASML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.9 million.
- ASML has traded 379,082 shares today.
- ASML is trading at 5.46 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ASML is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ASML: ASML Holding N.V. designs, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of intercircuits worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate ASML a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for ASML has been 982,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. ASML has a market cap of $42.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ASML as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ASML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.34, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ASML HOLDING NV's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 49.83% is the gross profit margin for ASML HOLDING NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.29% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 69.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $320.74 million to $543.65 million.
- You can view the full ASML Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.