- QGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.8 million.
- QGEN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- QGEN has a PE ratio of 83.4.
- QGEN is mentioned 0.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- QGEN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- QGEN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- QGEN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- QGEN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- QGEN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QGEN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on QGEN: QIAGEN N.V., through its subsidiaries, provides sample and assay technologies worldwide. QGEN has a PE ratio of 83.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Qiagen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Qiagen has been 776,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Qiagen has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 3.6% with 15.92 days to cover. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Qiagen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year and reasonable valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 163.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$51.76 million to $32.84 million.
- QGEN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Qiagen Ratings Report.