- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- ANAC has traded 200 shares today.
- ANAC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANAC: Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. ANAC has a PE ratio of 12.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 495,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $947.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 11.1% with 12.42 days to cover. Shares are up 35% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.63, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 43.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 73.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$14.10 million to -$24.51 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$16.02 million or 33.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.