- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CCSC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.77, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for COUNTRY STYLE COOK is rather low; currently it is at 22.77%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.96% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $5.28 million or 42.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 19 points (0.1%) at 17,098 as of Friday, Aug. 29, 2014, 4:20 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,137 issues advancing vs. 890 declining with 157 unchanged. The Leisure industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.3%. Top gainers within the Leisure industry included Premier Exhibitions ( PRXI), up 7.2%, Full House Resorts ( FLL), up 1.9%, Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L ( CCSC), up 1.8%, Lakes Entertainment ( LACO), up 1.6% and Asia Entertainment & Resources ( IKGH), up 4.5%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L ( CCSC) is one of the companies that pushed the Leisure industry higher today. Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L was up $0.13 (1.8%) to $7.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,626 shares of Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.08-$7.27 after having opened the day at $7.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.06. Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co., Ltd. operates a quick service restaurant chain in the People's Republic of China. The company specializes in serving Sichuan-style fast food over the counter. As of March 31, 2014, it operated 303 restaurants. Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L has a market cap of $190.9 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 29.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Country Style Cooking Restaurant Chain Co L as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on CCSC go as follows: