- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for HOMETRUST BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 101.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.52% trails the industry average.
- HOMETRUST BANCSHARES INC's earnings per share declined by 46.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HOMETRUST BANCSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.54 versus $0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.63 versus $0.54).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.02 million to $1.53 million.
- The share price of HOMETRUST BANCSHARES INC has not done very well: it is down 6.49% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
HomeTrust Bancshares, Inc. operates as a bank holding company for HomeTrust Bank that provides various banking products and services in North Carolina. HomeTrust has a market cap of $288.8 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.