The sales center expansion will add 100 full-time permanent jobs in addition to the 800 ServiceSource employees in the area.
TheStreet Ratings team rates SERVICESOURCE INTL INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SERVICESOURCE INTL INC (SREV) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 329.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.91 million to -$21.09 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, SERVICESOURCE INTL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SERVICESOURCE INTL INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.47%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -31.95% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.11 million or 136.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 71.24%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 316.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SREV Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.