- REX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.3 million.
- REX has traded 59,516 shares today.
- REX is trading at 4.14 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- REX is trading at a new high 5.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on REX: REX American Resources Corporation, through its subsidiaries, produces and sells ethanol. The company operates in two segments, Alternative Energy and Real Estate. REX has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate REX American Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for REX American Resources has been 159,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. REX American has a market cap of $742.5 million and is part of the conglomerates sector and conglomerates industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 4.5% with 0.78 days to cover. Shares are up 124.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates REX American Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 582.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 196.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, REX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, REX AMERICAN RESOURCES CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $4.14 versus -$0.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.51 versus $4.14).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 520.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.51 million to $21.74 million.
- REX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.65, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full REX American Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.