- ELS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.2 million.
- ELS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ELS has a PE ratio of 47.0.
- ELS is mentioned 0.74 times per day on StockTwits.
- ELS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ELS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ELS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ELS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ELS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ELS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ELS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ELS: Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust (REIT). The firm engages in the ownership and operation of lifestyle oriented properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. ELS has a PE ratio of 47.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Equity Lifestyle Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Equity Lifestyle Properties has been 290,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equity Lifestyle has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.82 days to cover. Shares are up 25.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Equity Lifestyle Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.29% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus $0.75).
- The gross profit margin for EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.77%. Regardless of ELS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ELS's net profit margin of 14.67% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Equity Lifestyle Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.