- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.05 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THST maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.74, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 36.61% is the gross profit margin for TRUETT-HURST INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of THST's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, THST's net profit margin of -3.56% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, TRUETT-HURST INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- THST has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 18.74% from its price level of one year ago.
- TRUETT-HURST INC has improved earnings per share by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The three major indices are trading lower today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 15 points (0.1%) at 17,122 as of Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014, 4:20 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,719 issues advancing vs. 1,312 declining with 167 unchanged. The Consumer Goods sector as a whole was unchanged today versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Top gainers within the Consumer Goods sector included DS Healthcare Group ( DSKX), up 1.9%, Cobra Electronics ( COBR), up 2.1%, Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), up 5.2%, Willamette Valley Vineyards ( WVVI), up 2.4% and CCA Industries ( CAW), up 6.2%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the sector higher today: Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today. Truett-Hurst Inc Class A was up $0.22 (5.2%) to $4.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,800 shares of Truett-Hurst Inc Class A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.30-$4.47 after having opened the day at $4.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.25. Truett-Hurst, Inc. produces, markets, and sells wines primarily in the United States and Canada. It produces a range of varietals of wine products, including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel. Truett-Hurst Inc Class A has a market cap of $15.9 million and is part of the automotive industry. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Truett-Hurst Inc Class A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Truett-Hurst Inc Class A as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on THST go as follows: