- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 43.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LGND's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.39, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.42 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.55 versus $0.42).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 73.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.09 million to $1.59 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, a biotechnology company, acquires and develops royalty revenue generating assets in the United States. Ligand has a market cap of $1.04 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.