- ANDE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.7 million.
- ANDE has traded 3,324 shares today.
- ANDE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANDE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANDE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANDE: The Andersons, Inc. is engaged in the grain, ethanol, plant nutrient, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing businesses. It operates in six segments: Grain, Ethanol, Rail, Plant Nutrient, Turf & Specialty, and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. ANDE has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Andersons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Andersons has been 304,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Andersons has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 3.6% with 2.45 days to cover. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Andersons as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 49.03% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.34% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ANDE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ANDERSONS INC has improved earnings per share by 49.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ANDERSONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.18 versus $2.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.35 versus $3.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry. The net income increased by 50.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.54 million to $44.30 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.39 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Andersons Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.