- Online database allows clinicians and patients to search for genetic and genomic tests by disease state
- Increases access to information about and awareness of Cancer Genetics' proprietary diagnostic tests
CGI's proprietary genomic tests, which are CLIA and New York State licensed, can diagnose, sub-type, and prognose a number of difficult to diagnose cancers. These tests provide critical information to guide clinicians in the clinical management of their patients, and are used by the company's biopharma customers for selection and stratification of clinical trial participants. The company's portfolio of proprietary tests listed on the registry includes:
- FHACT®, CGI's fish based HPV-associated cancer test, which is currently available for cervical cancer and detects genomic abnormalities associated with progression to cancer.
- UroGenRA®-Kidney, a CGH-microarray test that can diagnose and subtype renal cell carcinoma and may reduce unnecessary nephrectomy for benign tumors.
- MatBA®, CGI's panel for mature B-cell neoplasms. MatBA® is currently available for chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, and follicular lymphoma.
For further information, please see http://www.cancergenetics.com.Forward Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements pertaining to future financial and/or operating results, future growth in research, technology, clinical development and potential opportunities for Cancer Genetics, Inc. products and services, along with other statements about the future expectations, beliefs, goals, plans, or prospects expressed by management constitute forward-looking statements. Any statements that are not historical fact (including, but not limited to, statements that contain words such as "will," "believes," "plans," "anticipates," "expects," "estimates") should also be considered to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, risks inherent in the development and/or commercialization of potential products, risks of cancellation of customer contracts or discontinuance of trials, risks that the transaction will not close or, if it closes, will not realize the currently anticipated benefits, uncertainty in the results of clinical trials or regulatory approvals, need and ability to obtain future capital, maintenance of intellectual property rights and other risks discussed in the Company's Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 along with other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Cancer Genetics disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Media Relations Paul Kuntz RedChip Companies, Inc. 800-733-2447, ext. 105 email@example.com Investor Relations Michael Rice LifeSci Advisors, LLC 646-597-6997