NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Iteris (ITI) are higher by 4.32% to $1.69 trading on extremely high trading volume as the traffic intelligence company rose in sympathy with the boost of Mobileye (MBLY) stock.
Analysts at several research firms initiated coverage on Mobileye this morning and touted its collision avoidance technology.
Iteris develops vehicle detection systems and transportation management systems, both of which are major components of cars that drive themselves.
More than 610,000 shares had changed hands as of 11:25 a.m., compared to the average volume of 69,602.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ITERIS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ITERIS INC (ITI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ITI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ITI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.72, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ITERIS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ITERIS INC's EPS of $0.03 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.03. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.06 versus $0.03).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$0.84 million or 23.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- ITI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.17% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ITI Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.