- SLCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $69.5 million.
- SLCA has traded 11,337 shares today.
- SLCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SLCA: U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. produces and sells commercial silica in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Oil & Gas Proppants, and Industrial & Specialty Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. SLCA has a PE ratio of 39.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate US Silica Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for US Silica Holdings has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. US Silica has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 3.40 and a short float of 8.2% with 4.24 days to cover. Shares are up 89.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- SLCA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 58.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 65.25% to $24.92 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.77%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 185.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 39.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $1.41 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.41).
- 35.66% is the gross profit margin for U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SLCA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.92% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full US Silica Holdings Ratings Report.