- Simplified Security Virtual Appliance (SVA) provisioning through the NSX composer for MOVE AV (Agentless) deployments
- Increased visibility and control over network communications between virtual machines with MOVE Agentless Firewall leveraging VMware vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS), a hypervisor-based solution for virtualized data centers
- Simplified security manageability with a new SVA manager for MOVE AV (multi-platform) to more effectively manage capacity and load for virtualized environments
- Improved resource optimization for virtualized environments with improved diagnostics for AV performance tuning and reduced resource utilization through flexible tuning policies
- Automatically discover and manage virtual machines as they are provisioned in private and public clouds with two new additional McAfee Data Center Connectors for Microsoft Azure and OpenStack to complement the two existing Data Center Connectors for Amazon AWS and VMware vSphere
“We have started the deployment of the new McAfee MOVE AV 3.5 and it has been an extremely low touch and effective roll out,” said Larry Harder, senior technical specialist at MTSallstream. “McAfee provides the optimized management and protection we need to secure our virtualized server environment.”“The enhanced McAfee MOVE AV 3.5 is a significant advancement for our organization,” said Sander Goudswaard, information IT specialist at N.V. Westerscheldetunnel. “The new scan reporting feature enables us to proactively optimize the scanning process by excluding frequently-scanned locations that we consider safe.” To protect highly virtualized data centers and support server workloads, McAfee’s new server security suites include:
- McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials – provides foundational server security protection and management for physical, virtual, and cloud deployments. Organizations have the ability to discover workloads for complete security visibility. Blacklisting and virtualization support technologies provide comprehensive security for key workloads on physical and virtual servers with minimal CPU processing overhead.
- McAfee Server Security Suite Advanced – includes all the features of McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials along with additional server security, including whitelisting to protect against zero-day threats and change control to meet regulatory requirements. It delivers the most comprehensive server protection and management for physical, virtual, and cloud deployments.