- TUES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.9 million.
- TUES has traded 79,163 shares today.
- TUES is trading at 2.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TUES is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TUES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TUES NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TUES: Tuesday Morning Corporation operates as a closeout retailer of upscale decorative home accessories, housewares, seasonal goods, and famous-maker gifts in the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Tuesday Morning a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Tuesday Morning has been 566,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tuesday Morning has a market cap of $742.9 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 19.1% with 12.37 days to cover. Shares are up 14.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tuesday Morning as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- 36.61% is the gross profit margin for TUESDAY MORNING CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.48% trails the industry average.
- TUES has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.39 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, TUESDAY MORNING CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tuesday Morning Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.