- BRCD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.8 million.
- BRCD has traded 632,023 shares today.
- BRCD is trading at 6.17 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BRCD is trading at a new high 3.08% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRCD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRCD NOW at Trade-Ideas
- BRCD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although BRCD's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.66, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS is currently very high, coming in at 70.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BRCD's net profit margin of 16.01% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $106.03 million or 3.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 5.16%.
- You can view the full Brocade Communications Systems Ratings Report.