- WSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.2 million.
- WSM has traded 12,795 shares today.
- WSM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WSM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WSM: Williams-Sonoma Inc. operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer of home products. The company operates in two segments, Direct-to-Customer and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. WSM has a PE ratio of 25.1. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Williams-Sonoma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Williams-Sonoma has been 803,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams-Sonoma has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 4.3% with 7.09 days to cover. Shares are up 24.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams-Sonoma as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $2.85).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $39.47 million to $46.16 million.
- 41.78% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.73% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 25.80% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Williams-Sonoma Ratings Report.