- QLGC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.6 million.
- QLGC has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- QLGC is trading at 2.03 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- QLGC is trading at a new low 3.11% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QLGC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QLGC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QLGC: QLogic Corporation designs and supplies high performance server and storage networking infrastructure products that provide, enhance, and manage computer data communication. Its products facilitate the transfer of data and enable resource sharing between servers, networks, and storage. Currently there are no analysts that rate QLogic a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for QLogic has been 765,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. QLogic has a market cap of $777.2 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.59 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.25 days to cover. Shares are down 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates QLogic as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 296.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.05 million to $6.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QLOGIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QLOGIC CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.20 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus -$0.20).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$16.62 million or 200.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, QLOGIC CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full QLogic Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.