- CRM has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 16.32 mentions/day.
- CRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $294.0 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRM: salesforce.com, inc. provides enterprise cloud computing solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Salesforce.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Salesforce.com has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Salesforce.com has a market cap of $34.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 9% with 8.00 days to cover. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Salesforce.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 67.05% to $473.09 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 40.82%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.53, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.48 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$67.72 million to -$96.91 million.
- You can view the full Salesforce.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.