- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.6 million.
- INTU is down 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INTU: Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. INTU has a PE ratio of 29.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intuit has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $24.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 2.6% with 5.61 days to cover. Shares are up 11.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intuit as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- INTU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, INTU has a quick ratio of 1.73, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, INTUIT INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.38% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, INTU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- INTUIT INC has improved earnings per share by 19.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTUIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.71 versus $2.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.57 versus $2.71).
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.