- GME has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $89.7 million.
- GME is up 5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GME with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GME NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GME: GameStop Corp. operates as a multichannel video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services retailer. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. GME has a PE ratio of 13.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate GameStop a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for GameStop has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. GameStop has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 32.2% with 14.52 days to cover. Shares are down 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates GameStop as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GME's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- GAMESTOP CORP has improved earnings per share by 28.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GAMESTOP CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.02 versus -$2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.68 versus $3.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 24.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $54.60 million to $68.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$277.20 million or 16.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.57%.
- You can view the full GameStop Ratings Report.