- EXAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.9 million.
- EXAS has traded 299,049 shares today.
- EXAS is down 3.1% today.
- EXAS was up 6.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXAS: Exact Sciences Corporation, a molecular diagnostics company, focuses on developing diagnostic screening products for the early detection and prevention of colorectal pre-cancer and cancer. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Exact a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Exact has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Exact has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 35.1% with 7.46 days to cover. Shares are up 66.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Exact as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 57.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$12.31 million to -$19.44 million.
- The gross profit margin for EXACT SCIENCES CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.00%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year.
- EXACT SCIENCES CORP's earnings per share declined by 26.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXACT SCIENCES CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.69 versus -$0.88 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 65.2% in earnings (-$1.14 versus -$0.69).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, EXACT SCIENCES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- EXAS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 42.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 100.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Exact Ratings Report.