- SAVE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.2 million.
- SAVE has traded 9,682 shares today.
- SAVE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAVE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAVE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAVE: Spirit Airlines, Inc. provides low-fare airline services. It operates approximately 250 daily flights to 50 destinations in the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America. SAVE has a PE ratio of 25.4. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Spirit Airlines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Spirit Airlines has been 897,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Spirit Airlines has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 3.2% with 4.03 days to cover. Shares are up 55.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spirit Airlines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SAVE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 50.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SAVE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SAVE has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SPIRIT AIRLINES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SPIRIT AIRLINES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.43 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $2.43).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 51.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 119.18% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SPIRIT AIRLINES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Spirit Airlines Ratings Report.