- HRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.4 million.
- HRL has traded 89,188 shares today.
- HRL traded in a range 214.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.22.
- HRL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 51 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 51 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HRL NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HRL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HRL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.37, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- HORMEL FOODS CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HORMEL FOODS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.94 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.19 versus $1.94).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry average. The net income increased by 11.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $125.52 million to $140.09 million.
- You can view the full Hormel Foods Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.