- NVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $76.0 million.
- NVS traded 1.1 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:35 AM, representing 123.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVS: Its Pharmaceuticals division offers patented prescription medicines in various therapeutic areas, including oncology; primary care and established medicines; specialty care, such as ophthalmology, neuroscience, integrated hospital care, and critical care; and cardiovascular and metabolism. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. NVS has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Novartis a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Novartis has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novartis has a market cap of $212.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 10.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novartis as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NVS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 1.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2,516.00 million to $2,555.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,340.00 million or 32.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.89%.
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.