- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 197.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$33.90 million to $33.10 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KRO has a quick ratio of 2.12, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- KRONOS WORLDWIDE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KRONOS WORLDWIDE INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.87 versus $1.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.75 versus -$0.87).
- KRO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
Kronos Worldwide, Inc. produces and markets titanium dioxide pigments (TiO2) worldwide. Kronos Worldwide has a market cap of $1.85 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are down 17.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Kronos Worldwide Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.