- FCS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.1 million.
- FCS has traded 430,666 shares today.
- FCS traded in a range 207.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.80.
- FCS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 529 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 529 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FCS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FCS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FCS: Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells power analog, power discrete, and non-power semiconductor solutions worldwide. FCS has a PE ratio of 90.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Fairchild Semiconductor International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Fairchild Semiconductor International has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Fairchild Semiconductor International has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.01 and a short float of 5.5% with 7.61 days to cover. Shares are up 17.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fairchild Semiconductor International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 337.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.50 million to $17.80 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FCS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, FCS has a quick ratio of 2.22, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 68.92% to $84.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTL has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.88%.
- 41.44% is the gross profit margin for FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR INTL which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, FCS's net profit margin of 4.79% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Fairchild Semiconductor International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.