MeadWestvaco Corp. (NYSE: MWV), a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions, today announced the commercial availability of the Avive® Multimed system, a software-based solution that establishes a pharmacy home, synchronizes medication regimens, improves adherence, supports reimbursement for services including medication therapy management and helps dramatically improve CMS Star Ratings performance. Avive is unique among pharmacy solutions because it offers multiple benefits in one seamless, proprietary software system.
The Avive solution offers these additional benefits:
- Creates customized regimens with multiple patient pack systems, including Rx vials and bottles, calendared blister packs and pouch/strip pack systems
- Develops customized hours of administration (HOAs) and universal medication schedules (UMS) and drives data transfer of simplified labeling and regimen calendars to pharmacy printer and automation equipment, without significant modification of pharmacy host systems
- Provides unique methodology for prescription synchronization and personalized regimen creation
- Provides checks for multi-med drug regimen compatibility
- Creates patient regimen databases and reporting
- Develops a call and follow-up schedule to update and modify the customized regimen over time, not after initial synchronization