- GNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $116.7 million.
- GNC is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GNC: GNC Holdings, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of health and wellness products. It operates through three segments: Retail, Franchise, and Manufacturing/Wholesale. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. GNC has a PE ratio of 12.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate GNC Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for GNC Holdings has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. GNC has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 3% with 1.53 days to cover. Shares are down 39.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates GNC Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GNC HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GNC HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.72 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.85 versus $2.72).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, GNC HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 40.37% is the gross profit margin for GNC HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.35% is above that of the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.81 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, GNC's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.00, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full GNC Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.