- SXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- SXL has traded 2,054 shares today.
- SXL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SXL: Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. is engaged in the transport, terminalling, and storage of crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. SXL has a PE ratio of 33.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sunoco Logistics Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sunoco Logistics Partners has been 384,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sunoco Logistics has a market cap of $10.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 28.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sunoco Logistics Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SXL's share price has jumped by 48.55%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 9.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $143.00 million to $156.00 million.
- SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.63 versus $2.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.5% in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.63).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SUNOCO LOGISTICS PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sunoco Logistics Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.