- DKS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $85.6 million.
- DKS traded 235,880 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:56 AM, representing 12.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DKS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DKS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DKS: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. operates as a sports and fitness retailer primarily in the eastern United States. The company provides hardlines, including sporting goods equipment, fitness equipment, golf equipment, and hunting and fishing gear products; apparel; and footwear products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DKS has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dick's Sporting Goods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dick's Sporting Goods has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dick's Sporting Goods has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 6.3% with 3.04 days to cover. Shares are down 26% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dick's Sporting Goods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DKS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DICKS SPORTING GOODS INC has improved earnings per share by 9.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DICKS SPORTING GOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.70 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.76 versus $2.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 8.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $64.82 million to $69.98 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 118.47% to $13.92 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DICKS SPORTING GOODS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.57%.
- You can view the full Dick's Sporting Goods Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.